Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My First Post

I learned in college that when writing you want to cover the who, what, where, when, and how. I suspect I will get to all those at some point. (Except probably the "who" - right now I'd rather remain anonymous. Though I'm sure you'll learn a lot about me; just not exactly who "me" actually is.) But in this first post, I think I will just start with that why.

So, why am I writing this? There are a lot of reasons: for comfort, for knowledge, for entertainment, for me. If you're reading this then obviously this blog has in someway moved beyond just me. Of course I wouldn't be blogging if some part of me didn't hope for that. But, most of the why I'm doing this is because I want and need to do it for me.

As I'm sure you can figure out, I am a single Dad. A father of 2 little kids. My wife and my kids' mom, is completely out of the picture,. Addiction has pulled her away from us. For the last couple of years her heart and mind were far away. Now her body is too.

She decided to leave her 5th attempt at rehab and move away from us... probably for good. And while I weep for my kids, I actually think this is for the best. Nobody likes to see a car crash happen again and again and again. It's even worse when you get pulled into that car wreck again and again and again. And it's the epitome of tragic when you're little kids get pulled in too.

So, there's a little bit of what this blog will be about. And there's a little of the why. But I also hope to address issues that can help other single parents, those affected by addiction, and anyone else who is having a hard time with life.

Because although life has been difficult these past couple of years, I do feel like I'm stronger than ever. And I do feel like I'm going to run through the fire and come out cool on the other side.

And I do believe that this blog will help me make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment